Having had a one to one with my tutor, it was suggested that perhaps that I was not utilising my space appropriately, so may be not have so large a cut outs within my layout.
I found this one to one really helpful. Ive taken on the constructive criticism, still plenty of work that needs to be done. I have a feeling that it will all be changed. The typeface needs to be changed too, it was said “delete that typeface off your computer” made me chuckle, and have to agree, poor choice. I was pointed in the direction of using Akzidenz Grotesk, I think that it will work really well, plus Helvetic was developed from it and its one of my favourites. The use of Garamond would be a nice contrast, to highlight the quotations.
I think that my piece is going to go off in different direction. I went out and took more photos. Literally pointed the camera at the sun in some of them, they came out surprisingly well I think. They almost make me want to squint just looking at them.
I started to redesign the editorial, I had come across book binding bolts that I wanted to incorporate in the final piece, which would also mean looking at printing on thicker paper or even card. On the final page I had ideas of still using the UV ink, in a pop up box at the end to peep through, but it wasn’t something that I think could final justify as to why it was there.
I set about redesigning in InDesign below is my design process so far………..
This is my design to show for the group crit with my peers.
When designing this I had in mind my Design Boom project, my feedback on this was that the front cover felt different to the contents, so I wanted to make the this editorial flow and have some similarities throughout. The layout I feel is playful, even though I have a few doubts about the quotes cutting off the pages, it will be great to have opinions from my class on this.